Laser Hair Removal Machines
Skin Types and Body Areas Treated
Smooth Skin for All
Laser hair removal treatments start with identifying your personal skin type using the Fitzpatrick Scale. The Fitzpatrick Scale is a method of skin typing that measures the tolerance of different skin types to the sun's rays. This helps to adjust the laser to your skin's tolerances to remove unwanted hair safely and successfully.
Using your skin type and color, the exact laser hair treatment needed will be determined.
- Very fair, "transparent"; always burns, never tans
- Fair; always burns, tans minimally
- Fair to light olive; sometimes burns, tans gradually
- Olive to brown; rarely burns, tans easily
- Dark brown; very rarely burns, tans very easily
- Black; never burns, always tans
Smooth Skin, Now Available in Every Color
In the past, laser hair removal was not as effective for those with darker skin tones. If you have darker skin, you may have been turned away for laser hair removal treatment, or you may have received treatment that wasn't very effective.
What is the Laser Hair removal process?
Laser hair removal uses the advanced technology of laser energy to remove unwanted hair faster and more effectively than any other procedure including electrolysis. Laser hair removal can treat large areas like the back, shoulders, arms, legs and gentle enough for sensitive areas like the face.
What is a laser hair removal treatment like?
To have the most effective treatment, if you have been tanning the area, waxing, plucking, or using depilatories please discontinue at least 4 weeks prior to treatment. For your appointment, arrive with the area clean-shaven and ready for treatment. The laser energy is absorbed by the pigment (not effective on blonde, red & white/gray color) in the hair follicle. In a fraction of a second, all hairs in their active growth phase are disabled.
How many treatments would I need?
Laser hair removal treats hair during its growth cycle. Generally a series of 4-8 treatments are necessary to achieve the desired result.
What are the benefits of Laser Hair removal?
- Larger areas may be treated using lasers than with electrolysis, waxing or tweezing.
- It combines the speed of shaving with the lasting results achieved by electrolysis.
- Laser hair removal is effective on almost all areas of the body!
* Individual results may vary.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection